Residential & Nursing Care
If you own a care home you will appreciate this is a major asset and therefore its protection will be critical to you. You will also be aware of the huge legal responsibilities you bear in relation to your staff, residents and the regulatory bodies including the CQC and HSE who will investigate and pursue you if something goes wrong.
There is a lot at stake for you and your insurance therefore it is essential that the cover you arrange is correct and adequate.
Key areas which need to be considered are
- Are all of your businesses assets protected?
- Are your Liability insurance limits enough?
- Who would assist you in the event of a claim?
- Is you Business Interruption cover correct?
- Does your policy cover abuse?
- Is your insurer financially secure and consistent?
- Are your Directors and Officers protected?
- Do you comply with the policy conditions?
- Does your policy cover medical errors and omissions?
- Are you aware of the implications of the Candour Act?
Insurance is often sold as package that you have to fit in to, which can sometimes result in it not working properly in the event of a claim. This could be fatal to your business and therefore a life changing event for you.
At Firth & Scott we will provide you with a personal service; you will be visited by your own Account Executive who will assess your requirements and then advise you on the various insurance products available to you, comparing their features and explaining their pros and cons.
An insurance policy is a complex legal contract and simply having one is no guarantee that you will survive a catastrophe. Firth & Scott will make sure that you understand your insurance cover and ensure it will be effective if required.