If you are a self-employed surveyor, it is possible that you have experienced difficulties in arranging Professional Indemnity insurance which meets the requirements of RICS for a premium which is representative of your risk.

At Firth & Scott we have access to a number of insurers who have wordings specifically tailored to the requirements of a surveyor. Whether you would benefit from a collateral warranty checking service, an asbestos extension or simply because the policy is RICS accredited, Firth & Scott can assist you by recommending the most suitable policy for your activities.

Key areas which need to be considered are

  • Are your Liability insurance limits enough?
  • Who would assist you in the event of a claim?
  • Is your insurer financially secure and consistent?
  • Do you comply with the policy conditions?
  • Is your insurer aware of all of the activities your business undertakes?

When you run your own business there is a lot at stake and it is essential that the insurance cover you arrange is correct and provides you with the protection you expect when purchasing insurance. It is also important that your business is not unnecessarily restricted in the work you undertake out of fear that you are not insured properly, which is something we can help you with.

At Firth & Scott we will provide you with a personal service; you will have your own Account Executive who will assess your requirements and then advise you on the various insurance products available to you, comparing their features and explaining their pros and cons, therefore allowing you to make an informed decision.